- Our Services:
Who We Serve
Specialty Sub Contractors
- Masonry Restoration
- Plaster, Stucco, EIFS
- Wall and Ceiling Trades
What We Do
Salmon Bay is a Ready Mix Concrete producer, Sand & Gravel and Construction Products supplier located in the NW Seattle neighborhood of Ballard. We supply our materials to all facets of construction and scopes of work. Our Building Materials and Construction Products are specifically directed towards the needs of the Trowel Trades….Cement Finishers, Concrete Contractors, Masons, Masonry Restoration, Plaster, Stucco and EIFS. Many of the products we distribute address remedial issues found in construction, such as concrete and masonry repair, refinishing and waterproofing. While most of these products are specifically designed for use by experienced contractors, many can be used by DIY’ers who have a little hands on experience, common sense and know their limitations. We regularly provide product recommendations, practical solutions and FREE advice to professionals and novices alike, who are facing new construction, remodeling or fix and repair challenges. Our inside and outside sales and customer service staffs are considered to be experts within the construction industries we serve. If we don’t have the expertise or the products necessary, we will do the research and sourcing necessary to meet your needs, or if necessary, we’ll refer you to those who might be able to better address your situation….that is what we do.
Request Product Information
Delivery Scheduling and Service
A good delivery starts with having good information. To place and schedule a delivery for Concrete, Sand & Gravel or Construction Products our Sales and Dispatch staff will need the following information:
- The Date and desired time of delivery, subject to availability and delivery hours
- The customer name or the business name the account can be found under, the method of payment and any PO numbers or job references that are necessary.
- The Name, phone or cell phone number of the person placing the order
- The exact delivery address including cross streets and any special directions
- The total quantity of what is to be delivered including anticipated balances
- For multiple deliveries of Concrete; the desired timing between trucks
- The type of project being done i.e. footing, walls, slab, etc
- The mix, mix number or the material being requested
- For Concrete; the desired slump and admixes required. Normal slump is 4 inches.
- Is the job being pumped? If so, what type of equipment is the pump company providing and what is the distance being pumped?
- “Will Call” orders are accepted, but all must be confirmed verbally by 1:00 PM the previous day or 5 business hours prior to the scheduled start time.
- Will Call orders that are not confirmed will be cancelled. Cancelled Will Call orders can be rescheduled at a time that fits conveniently in our next available time period.
- We always strive to be on the job as scheduled.
- First round AM orders will be given a specific start time (plus or minus 10 minutes), all other orders will be taken within a 1 to 2 hour time spread. This is due, unfortunately to the fact, that orders which are later in the day are affected by any and every unanticipated delay which occurs earlier in the day.
- Last minute or late notice Will Call orders will be worked into the schedule at our earliest convenience.
- Pump Holds or inspection delays will directly affect our service to you and all of our customers.
- Once a concrete delivery has started we are committed to keeping service to that job until the ordered quantity and any planned balance has been delivered.
- Changes in the quantity to be delivered and the arranged rate of pour will directly affect the level of delivery service.
- Clean up loads when prearranged are considered part of the original ordered quantity. One truck will be reserved for one clean up balance. Orders going beyond the clean up amount or the original amount ordered will compromise your service and may be treated as a completely new order which will be delivered as soon as possible
Colored Concrete Policy
Salmon Bay’s colored concrete will closely replicate the colors found on the color manufacturers color chart. The colors on the color chart are representations of colors produced under laboratory conditions, using local materials which were available to the pigment manufacturer. Salmon Bay will only warrant that the concrete makes its intended strength and that the color is dispersed consistently throughout the load of concrete. We cannot warrant the end color matching a printed or Web viewed color chart. Salmon Bay is not responsible for the finished appearance of the concrete including the surface appearance or any discoloration. Salmon Bay doesn’t place or finish the concrete, so has no control over the finished product. The product is still in its manufactured state when it is delivered and is subject to change based on environmental factors, jobsite conditions and finishing techniques, all of which affect the outcome of the finished product, once in place. Salmon Bay will not repair or replace any colored concrete, because of discoloration, color variations or surface defects.